BizHawk is a multi-system emulator designed predominantly around the production of Tool Assisted Speedruns (TAS). It is written in C# and requires .NET 4.0 to run.
|System||Based on code from:|
|Nintendo Entertainment System||FCEUX|
|Super Nintendo Entertainment System||bsnes v087 (Higan)|
|Game Boy Color||Gambatte|
|Master System||Original. Z80 CPU core based on cogwheel|
|Game Gear||Original. Z80 CPU core based on cogwheel|
|Genesis||Genesis Plus GX|
|SG-1000||Original. Z80 CPU core based on cogwheel|
- Full Screen support
- Controller and Hotkey mapping
- Joypad support (for both controller and hotkeys)
- Auto (Rapid) Fire controls
- Basic re-recording and rerecording
- "Bullet-proof" rerecording
- Frame/Lag/Rerecording counters
- Input Display
- Alpha version of "TAStudio"
- RAM Watching/Poking tools
- RAM Searching
- Lua Scripting
For TAS purposes, BizHawk is the king. It's also relatively easy to use for casual gaming, but, for multi-system emulators, RetroArch is a superior alternative, plus the fact that it is on a lot more platforms than this.