Nestopia is a NES emulator. It is also available as a libretro core for RetroArch.
Windows XP users report problems with vsync and input lag. These issues do not exist in the Linux or RetroArch ports.
- Supports up to 4 player simultaneous (Kaillera)
- It supports a great number of mappers
- Excellent connectivity, sometimes informally compared to GGPO's netcode in efficiency
- Basic chat support.
- Requires port forwarding
- The highest ping that it tolerates is around the 150ms mark, after which it starts to desynch very often
- It's slightly prone to freezing/crashing/BSOD, but to a much lesser extent than the multiplayer client
- Everyone needs to have the exact same ROM version and save file. Or else, it'll desynch or outright not work.
- Chat box is an eyesore.
- You need to constantly switch focus back and forth between chat and emulator window in order to chat.
- You will hear no sound while the window is unfocused.