nullDC is an open source Dreamcast and Naomi emulator started by drkIIRaziel. It was pretty much dropped by its author for awhile until he dumped the source code, a few other internet heroes came in to work on it and then he jumped back in as well.
Guides and Info
Common problems and fixes
- nullDC doesn't recognize your 360/PS3 controller? Go to Options -> Select Plugins... and change Input plugin to PuruPuru Dreamcast Controller. Then, go to Options -> Maple -> Port X -> Config keys... and select Xinput in Controller Type.
- nullDC has an option for rumble. Once the controller is set up, It can be found in Options -> Maple -> Port X -> Subdevice 2 -> Attach Puru Puru Pak [XInput]. This will allow you to replicate the rumble pak for your controller. (If the controller includes rumble, and if the game includes rumble.)
- If you are playing a game and there is a problem displaying things onscreen, or they are missing. It is most likely a problem with the "Z Buffer Mode" which can be found in Options -> PowerVR -> Z Buffer Mode. Set it to "D24FS8" (2nd option) and the problem with displaying the item should be fixed. (An example of this, is the small watch icon in Shenmue not displaying. By changing the Z Buffer Mode to "D24FS8" it should fix this.)
- Disc swapping isn't fully supported, it works for some games and doesn't work for other like D2 or RE: Code Veronica.
- Plugin architecture. No fix for this.